Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Scouting for 100 Year

The LDS Church has participated in 100 years of Boy Scouting.
To commemorate this milestone, a broadcast was held on October 29.

Each ward was asked to have a display of how Scouting is done from Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.
I was given the assignment and this is the display that represents our 4 Scouting units.
I was very stressed out because I didn't know the expectation of what it was to look like.
I believe the display was lovely.
The boys really liked seeing their pictures up.

I also added suckers to the blank space so people would come look.

The interesting thing is my great-Grandpa was 12 the year the LDS Church decided to participate. He participated and earned the rank of 1st class. In those days, some of the requirements had to be passed off by a professional at the Scout office. He went and started a fire to earn his rank. My Grandpa then participated as a young man. Both of my parents have participated in Scouting. I am now involved in Scouting in Cub Scouting in our ward. So for 4 generations Scouting has been apart of my family. We've been doing this for about 100 years.....

No comments: