Friday, March 11, 2011

Sour Cream Cake

For Underfoot's birthday, I made a few of the recipes from my Grandma's recipe clippings. The children got to decorate their own so I decorated this one with a little pink.

Sour Cream Cake
Source: Newspaper Clipping

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 package (6 ounces) semisweet or dark chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, eggs. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Fold in sour cream. Pour into greased and light floured (or sprayed) 9x13-inch pan. Top with chocolate chips and lightly sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until done. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

you have the best recipes!

Susan Anderson said...

Oh dear. I'm too early in my sugar fast to even think about this one!

"/