Every guest had at least on pet seasoning stunt. I jotted down these that especially appealed to me:
- Buttered carrots dusted with a trace of brown sugar and cinnamon. Also buttered carrots with grated cheese, chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice added.
- Frenched green beans buttered, sprinkled with onion salt - or creamed with a dash of nutmeg stirred in.
- A meat loaf with a can of vegetable soup stirred in before shaping and baking.
- Onions cut fine in a electric blender and folded into mayonnaise or other salad dressing for potato, head lettuce, sea-food and other salads.
- Halibut steamed, covered with cheese sauce - cheese melted in white sauce - and heated in a slow oven (325 degrees).
- Chiffon pumpkin pie with an elusive quarter-cup of mashed banana added to the filling before pouring.
- Softened cream cheese spread in shell before adding filling for cream of banana, coconut and pineapple pies.