Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Eve 2012

We took no pictures on Christmas. 
Sad, I know.
I had just recovered and started to go 100 miles an hour again.
Then the flu caught up with me and wiped me out.

The camera didn't come out until New Year's Eve.
 Our plan had been to drive home early on New Year's Eve. 
Sweetheart caught the flu, 
and we delayed our trip home by one day. 
I think he looks good for having the flu.
I, on the hand, feel like I look like I've been hit by a truck
(The cold sore was the worst part of my recovery.
It stayed around for almost 14 days.)
Auntie M and Auntie Y decided we needed to have a party.
The married ladies bought poppers, ice cream, and root beer to celebrate!

The root beer floats were a hit!
The Piano Man drank it to the last drop.

 
Miss C didn't want to have any evidence on her face.


Miss Angel had an unfortunate accident 
with the neighbor's tree while sledding.
We were glad that it was just a black eye and some scratches.

 All of us gathered and counted down for the poppers.
(Here are Underfoot and The Writer.)
Auntie Y decided that midnight was around 8:20 pm. 
Auntie Y yelled and hollered with the best of them!
The children were tucked into bed.
The adults watched a movie and played a game.
The other adults kissed at midnight.
(We didn't because of the cold sore.)
And we were off to bed.

Welcome to 2013!
We hope for great things from you!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Blech! My New Year's was one giant sleep-deprived, drugged-up, miserable haze. At least you have some pics to prove that you were there! Good thing I had Daddy home by then to celebrate with the kids. Here's hoping that next year is 1000% better! :)