Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mango-Coconut Ice Cream

Recently we've borrowed our neighbor's Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Maker. (It is a proper noun I believe because so much goodness has come out of it lately.) We've made multiple batches of ice cream of different flavors. Our favorite has been this recipe. I made it up after reading lots of different ice cream recipes. I'm sure it isn't that unique to other ice creams, but I did feel that I made something super yummy.

Mango-Coconut Ice Cream
Source: Me

Ingredients
3 ripe mangoes (peel, deseeded, and pureed)
1 can 13.5 oz coconut milk
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp coconut extract
1 TBSP vanilla

Mix all the ingredients together and mix until the sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze let it go until firm. It will be a soft ice cream. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.To serve the following day, set out on counter for about 15 minutes to soften.

We have LOVED it!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Yum! I will definitely be trying that recipe!

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds so yummy.

=)