Thursday, December 8, 2011

Late into the Night

Last night after reading our bedtime story, Underfoot asked if he had been a good boy that day. He had been wonderful! He played hard and listened to instructions. I asked him how he knew what it meant to be good. He said very matter-of-factly, "Well God tells us how."

We went on to talk about reading scriptures, saying our prayers, and listening for answers from God. Daddy came in and said we also learn from prophets.

This morning when we opened our advent we talked about how Moses got the commandments and that they had been written by the finger of God. (Underfoot is really into writing in his own language currently.) He said these are the things that helps us be good.

Somewhere in his brain he made the connection. He wants to be good.

I wonder what other conversations we will have late in the night so he will be a good boy and eventually a good man.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment about Greg. You must know the family. I don't but I can't stop thinking about them. It touches home.

I really appreciate the update.

Thank you!

Susan Anderson said...

You already know how much I'm enjoying these advent posts. Keep 'em coming!

=)