Friday, July 22, 2011

Provident Living - July

The quote that is on the calendar has a quote that I can't find the reference. I don't want to quote someone and then have it be wrong or taken out of context. So there is no motivational quote this month. Just for reference, I started type out a calendar that my Mom gave me for Christmas. I continue to do it month by month. This month I'm late. Really late. Like July is almost over.

Provident Living Goal: Make a goal to eat healthier. For example: Less sugar and more fresh vegetables and fruits, less meat....
Join a food co-op like Bountiful Baskets

Storage Goal:
  • 50 pounds of sugar or honey per person
  • Ten #10 cans powdered milk per person (Powder Milk ideas - a friend's blog)
  • 2 toothbrushes per person, toothpaste, and mouthwash (if you use mouthwash)
  • Infant Needs - formula, baby food, Tylenol, diapers, wipes, and anything else your heart desires
72 Hour Kit Goal:
  • Prepare blankets or sleeping bags to be accessible at a moment's notice
  • Emergency blankets (silver foil)
  • Gather items to entertain your family and include in kit
  • Paper and pencils
  • Mosquito repellent
  • Camp stove or portable BBQ and fuel
  • $25 cash
Spiritual Goal:
Share what you have learned about your family with someone. Or take the family names you prepared last month to the temple.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I need to get back to bountiful baskets, but just haven't figured that into my routine just yet. :)