Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hummingbird Triathlon

I participated in the Hummingbird Triathlon.

My hair the night before. I had a few nerves.
I completed the race in just a hair over two hours (2.00.10.) 
The length was an 800 meter swim, 13 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. 


In my preparations for the race, I accidentally fell over 
and could not get my shoe unclipped from my pedal. 
My left wrist absorbed the impact. 
As a family, they took her to an urgent care facility for 
an x-ray because I was in a lot of pain 
(I rarely let Sweetheart know that anything hurts, 
so when I say anything he knows the pain is extreme...) 
My wrist was not broken but badly bruised. 
The race was one week after the accident. 
This is the bruise on the day of the race.
No pictures were taken of the event.



We opted to stay the night in a hotel 
so that we didn't have to get up so early in the morning. 
The boys went swimming three times in the hotel pool. 
They loved it! They said, "Mama should do more triathlons!"

No comments: