Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Embarrassed

I hate to be embarrassed. I wrote it out in a previous post and then pulled it because my pride was hurt. When I get embarrassed, I lose my temper. Especially with my family.

I'm not good at laughing or finding humor. Unless it is sarcastic humor. I'm good at that.

I'm NOT good at laughing at myself. So when I get embarrassed, anger is easier than to admit I'm foolish. To quote Obi Wan Kanobi, "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?" I hate to look foolish or to be a follower of a fool. 


I don't like to look dumb. When I'm embarrassed, I feel dumb, stupid, and like a failure. So that sums it up.

A little more humble me is writing this second post instead keeping the venom I spit with the first post.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

The older I get, the more opportunities I have to laugh at myself.

The good news is that I'm getting better at doing that. The bad news is that I'm getting older so fast that my "laughing at myself" skills can't quite keep up!

;)

Hilary said...

I'm sorry you had an embarrassing moment. Those stink for sure! It is hard to learn to laugh at ourselves, but it sure does make life more bearable. Sometimes I can do it, and sometimes I get angry too. I like to think I'm improving though. I just consider my embarrassing moments as an act of service to others ;) It always makes people feel a little better about their own lot when they see someone else make a fool of themselves, and those moments come in handy when you are around a fellow fool and trying to make them feel better about their own embarrassment. I hope you recover from your embarrassment soon! I would be happy to serve you by sharing some embarrassing moments of my own sometime :)