"The Lord has warned us of famines, but the righteous will have listened to the prophet and stored at least a year's supply of survival food."
Ezra Taft Benson (Ensign January 1974)
Provident Living Goal: Learn a new skill or read a book pertaining to your career.
- 50 cans soup, stew or chili per person
- 5 pounds salt per person
- 20 pounds fat - oil or shortening per person
- Aluminum foil, plastic wrap, storage bags, etc.
72 Hour Goal:
- 1 pound dried fruit or trail mix per person (can use fruit leather)
- 1 package soda crackers per person
- 1 package graham crackers per person
- 2 liters tomato or fruit juice per person
- Rotate item every six months (Make a weekend of it. Have a practice 72 to hour party.)
- * Half of tank of fuel in all vehicles
Have family prayer at least once a day. Twice is better.