Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Little Golden Books

I love Little Golden Books. I loved them because the stories growing up were of helping Mommy or Daddy, someone trying to accomplish a goal, or a dear memory. When I turned 16, my Dad gave me the book "Ready, Set, Grow!" It is about how nature changes. He wrote a sweet note at the end saying that it is hard to watch his little girl grow up.
Source
I loved the books my Grandma and Grandpa had of:

Dr. Dan, The Bandage Man
Source
Nurse Nancy

Source  
along with many others.

Cocoa at Chocolate on my Cranium is hosting Wordfull Wednesday. Check out what others have posted.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Those all look adorable and I don't think I have ever read a single one. How sweet is the note from you dad!

Montserrat said...

The vintage illustrations can't be beat either!

Anonymous said...

yes these were fantastic - and still going strong - my children have some too!

Judi said...

What a special gift from your dad! I think books are very meaningful gifts and I especially love it when words are written in the front cover from who gave it.

I don't think I've ever read these books you mentioned and we have a lot of the golden books too.